Friday, October 16, 2009

Charity a winner at the North Coast

I had to dash off immediately after the North Coast 24-hour race to make a plane connection. So I was pleasantly surprised to receive a $200 check in the mail from the Race as the 3rd place "prize." I mulled over for a few days what to do with the winnings. My first thought was to throw a party for all of the wonderful friends and co-workers who came to the race to cheer me on. This is still something I will probably do.... But as I thought about it, what a better way to spend the money than to donate it to the Epilepsy Association? As I mentioned in prior posts, I am the Honorary Chair of a fundraising effort called the Virtual Runner for the Epilepsy Association. Getting 3rd place and making the National Team and raising even more money for the Epilepsy Association was a BIG win all around. Anyone interested in donating can click on the Virtual Runner hyperlink.

Luci and me (my friend's daughter - who has epilepsy)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new action shot! It looks great with the lake in the background! How do you like the running skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you recognize Presque Isle? Kind of looks like I'm on the "beach" though. Yes, I do love the running skirt. It is suprisingly comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete