Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trying Out The "New" Team

This past weekend we were at Bowling Green Curling Club curling in their Women's Bon Spiel.  There were 14 teams from Ohio, Michigan and Ontario competing.  Besides Courtney and Laurel from my Club, we had invited Emilia from Detroit.  We were hoping that this could be the start of a great team.  We just hadn't played together before.


Courtney, Emilia, Laurel and me

The ice was super slow, in part because the ice is always slow at Bowling Green and there was the added factor that the temperature was downright HOT outside (temp. hit 70 on Sunday).  The warmer the ice, the slower it is.  We were in control of all of our games.  Unfortunately, the first three games were only 6 ends (which I hate) and in our first game I made a major blunder.  Even though we were ahead after 5 ends, we lost in the sixth end.  Stupid on my part (but I'm trying to learn from my mistakes).  In the rest of our games (three more), we played well and won easily.  I am excited to play some more and get more challenges.  Nothing definitive set up right now but should know shortly.....

No comments:

Post a Comment