Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Charity Two for One

Now, I am not much of a trail runner, but I was lured into running the Twilight Race last Thursday night, a fundraiser for the Rape Crisis Center.  I would also be able to use this race as part of the Epilepsy Association fundraiser that I'm helping out with called the Virtual Runner so I was able to participate in a reace for two good causes at one time.  What a deal!

Laurel, me, and Kristen modeling our "Virtual Runner" t-shirts
The Twilight Race was held at the North chagrin Reservation, part of the "Emerald Necklace," a chain of parks surrounding the Cleveland area.  Since the race would take place on a bridle path and over 200 people had signed up to run, the runners were started in waves, with the oldest runners starting first.  Needless to say, I got to start way before my 30-year-old friends started.  My goal was to not get passed by them during the race.  I wasn't exactly running at lightening speed but I did manage to finish ahead of them and had cold beers waiting for them at the finish.  Not a bad way to end a race!  I, however, had to watch my intake as I was scheduled to get up at 4:15 a.m. the next day for a 20-miler before work.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment